Wednesday 8 May 2013

First Job - Blog Every Day in May.

I'm not really sure what to make of the blog topic for today... I didn't take any pictures of the first few places I've worked.  Come to think of it I've hardly taken any pictures of anywhere I've worked!

When I was in college I worked for a few months at a telemarketing company called Ant Marketing where I was sat in the loft calling BT's 123 number to enquire about telephone numbers on a list.  I hated it, mainly because I kept hitting my head when I stood up so I ended up quitting in the new year.

After college I wasn't sure what to do with myself so I got a job at the Sainsburys in the centre of Sheffield and worked there full time for just over a year.  I stood all day at the cigarette kiosk and served people cigarettes and lottery cards.  It's also where I met Paul... After working at Sainsburys a few months I made my mind up to go to university and I ended up leaving when I moved to Huddersfield to begin my studies, although I did return there to work one summer I made that good an impression.

Even though I did my stint at Ant marketing I still think of Sainsburys as my first job as it was there that I learnt my customer service skills and made my first work friends as well as work based memories. (Along with after work night out blurs!)

Those are my first job memories anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment