Saturday 18 May 2013

Best Friends. Blog Everyday in May.

I think that this one is a very difficult post to write!  It's very difficult to decide who are your best friends and who are just alright friends.  Maybe that's just me though... I do think I'm quite lucky to have surrounded myself with lots of nice friends, family and acquaintances, which makes singling anyone out very difficult.  I realise that this is very corny but a lot of the time I do feel like Paul is my best friend.  This is because he knows what I'm about to say before I've even said anything, understands my silly little quirks like singing the Chiquita banana song when we have bananas in the house and knows how to cheer me up when I'm ill.
 
 
That said for the same reasons he can also wind me up better than anyone else and he doesn't like Doctor Who... thankfully I can always talk to one of my oldest friends about this. (Well he's two weeks younger than me but I've known him for ages!  I've also had the good luck to remain friends with some of the people I went to school with and people I met at University.  I am not brilliant at keeping in touch with people but a few of my friends are great in not letting that stop our friendship and we meet up whenever we get chance.  I'm looking forward to catching up with some of them when I head to London next month, you know who you are!






There are other friends I have who I've become friends with through a shared love of music and other hobbies and they help me stay sane by going places with me and putting up with my eccentricities.  I could also say the same about some of my work colleagues who've had to put up with my recent hormonal out bursts! Lastly but not least I can't forget my family, especially my big sister who doesn't live in the same city as me any more but still knows me as well as I know myself.

I don't think I could ever be one of those people who could only have one best friend, that would be like having one favourite band or one favourite film when there's a world of variation out there!  I just think that it's brilliant that there are so many people out there who don't mind me rabbiting on at them about all sorts of random nonsense!

No comments:

Post a Comment