Friday 2 November 2012

How not to write a novel: day two of NaNoWrimo.

Well today didn't go as well as planned... then again I do struggle with the idea of planning and fiction writing.

Today I didn't write anything in the day again and hoped to get all my writing done after work but by the time five o'clock rolled around I was shattered.

Nevertheless I headed home, sorted out tea and then started writing.

Then I got all worried about the quality of what I was writting and if it was turning into a script rather than a book.  After a bit more thought I carried on writing but sadly I only managed to write just over one thousand words.

If I keep that pace up I'll never make my target of 50,000 words I know quality is better than quantity but sometimes keeping up writing is more important to improving quality than dithering about is.

Maybe I'm rambling... I've started to fall asleep a bit at the keyboard so I'm going to head to bed now and try to catch up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment