Sunday 30 October 2011

52 Recipe Challenge - Week 17.

This week has been quite chilly and something about the autumn leaves has made me crave flapjacks so that's what I decided to make this week.

It took me a bit of searching but eventually I found a flapjack recipe in my Coffee & Cakes recipe book by Linda Collister.

To Make this recipe you will need:

85g butter
85g brown sugar
1 tablespoon of golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
150g oats

To start off I preheated the oven to 200c and lined a baking tray. (I didn't realise that the recipe said to pre-heat the oven to 180c/ gas mark 4!)

Then I measured out the ingredients.
Next I put the butter in the pan and melted it.

After that I added the golden syrup.
Then I put the sugar and ground ginger in and mixed them all together.
When all the ingredients appeared melted together I mixed in the oats.

Once combined I poured it into the lined tin and smoothed it to the edges out using a fork, then put it in the oven and set my timer for fifteen minutes.

After the mixture had been in the oven for five minutes I double checked the recipe and realised that I should've been cooking it at 180c not 200c... so I turned the oven down and hoped for the best.

When the timer buzzed I took the flapjack out of the oven.
Then I cut it into pieces and left it to cool for ten minutes.

Whilst these flapjacks taste ok and look alright they were too thin and a bit crunchier than they should be. When I try to make them again I'll have to use a smaller pan and double check the heating instructions. These should satisfy my flapjack cravings for a bit but they fail miserably when placed against the barometer of my Mum's flapjacks...

No comments:

Post a Comment