Friday 6 January 2012

Experimental baking.

I have been thinking about trying to make sour dough for a while, well about four years... basically since I tried it in New York. For some reason or other I haven't tried to make this despite really enjoying it. Until now that is! Inspired by Stella's impressive loaf on Twitter I decided to do some winter baking of my own.

Tonight I began making the starter for my first batch of sour dough bread for next week's blog post and
I think that I may have used too small a bowl, it made a bit of a mess...
After wiping up my spillages I added a tiny bit more milk and beat the mix again but I think it looks like porridge.

What do you think? My recipe said to cover with a damp teatowl and leave for 4 -5 days so I've covered it.

Now I just have to wait... I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment