This year I've decided that resolutions are pointless wastes of breath and instead a list of 14 goals to do by the time 2014 is over seems like the way forward. So here is my proposed list of goals for 2014.
1. Make a blog plan to help with writing You'll get what you're Given! I've been a sporadic blogger over the years but I'm slowly learning that if I don't organise nothing happens. (This is also true of a few other things such as meeting up with friends and getting anything done around cats/small children.)
|A taster of what happens when I don't organise!|
2. Bake birthday cakes for my loved ones. I didn't bake a cake for Paul last year, it would've probably made me sick but I think that this year me and the food processor can whip something up.
|Something like this but a bit better hopefully!|
4. This one is about reading I started writing it but it got a bit long so to summarise don't just read quirk classics, Terry Pratchett, Jasper Fforde or The Walking Dead books and also read to my son as much as possible.
6. Go to more parties and make an effort to see my friends and family more.
7. Dye my hair a few more colours before returning to work, blue is cool obviously but I may as well make the most of this freedom to try purple, green and red right?
|My lovely blue locks... for now!|
|Obviously the Belle and Sebastian & CSS cds are staying!|
10. Travel a bit more and actually have a holiday rather than just a couple of nights in a London Travelodge. (This will probably turn out to be one of the hardest goals.)
11. See a few more live bands and acts as I count the number of gigs I went to last year on one hand. This makes me sad. (I also plan to award bonus points for each time I manage to take my son to a gig.)
12. Try out more new recipes from the many recipe books that have accumulated over the years. Preferably one a month with a blog post but more if time/responsibilities allow.
13. Do at least ten active things this year, especially things I couldn't do last year. I plan to count walking and swimming in this so now I need to find eight more things...
|I'd like to do a bit more skating this year for a start..|
14. Don't get stressed about things I have no control over and formulate strategies for the things I can control.
I'm looking forward to seeing what I manage to achieve over the next year!