Tuesday 23 April 2013

Blogging break.

It may or may not have escaped your attention that I've only managed to post one blog this year despite it already being more than a quarter of the way in. I started off this year full of good intentions and plans but somewhere in January I found the desire to blog wane.  Maybe it was because I was feeling a bit tired or maybe it was because I was focused on writing my novel...  Then near the end of January I found out that I was pregnant and my writing fell behind in my list of priorities along with my dancing, writing and gig going as I started to feel sick. Which isn't fun!


So this year has been a quieter one than I had initially expected so far I've only been to two gigs; however, I've seen my first intraleague roller derby bout and finished my first home made dress.  (Well my Mum did the lions share but I helped!)
The dress me and my Mum made!
I've also had the honour of attending the first few League of Witty One Liners film nights/ premiers at the Red Deer.  I've also enjoyed a few family parties, as well as drinks and meals with friends. As well as that I've also been getting quite addicted to George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire aka A Game of Thrones and am currently enjoying reading the first part of a Dance with Dragons.

 My team at work also tried to sell a few of our excess books for charity...
Sometimes I think these books breed overnight! I'm not entirely sure how we ended up with so many! I have also recently enjoyed reading Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter's Long Earth and am looking forward to reading the sequel when it is released even if it is slightly different to what I've been reading recently.
 


I've also spent a bit of time the other week relaxing and trying to sort out my house on a little holiday from work and I had a little go at twiddling on my Ukulele.  Then when I got back from work I was lucky enough to receive this book from my friend Emma!


It was a great surprise to come back to!  I'm taking this as a sign that I ought to practice more and not just because I've been thinking about playing my uke more either...

One of the main reasons the blog has suffered for the last few month is that I've been coming to terms with my lack of energy and strange lack of appetite.  Struggling to eat or want to make food it completely alien to me as I'm sure you can imagine! Nevertheless I'm hoping to find a few more things to post about until my will to cook new recipes returns. Thanks for sticking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment