Thursday 15 March 2012

Bit of an Appetite

Last week I was luck enough to get myself a place at Appetite Sheffield's first event, an event dedicated to the food and food producers of this fair city.

Appetite is the brain child of two fellow food bloggers Clare and Ros who write Nibbly Pig & Feast and Glory , a creation formed by their love of food and Sheffield produce.

The actual Appetite event took place on the evening of 6th March at Butchers Works, which isn't a place I've visited before.  Popped by in the past... but never lingered for some food.  For those of you unfamilar with it, Butchers work is in an old mill building inbetween Arundel Gate and Brown Street.

I decided to go to the event alone as I was confident I would meet like minded people there and thought my boyfriend may appreciate the peace and quiet!

Entry to the event was £5.00 which, included a drink on arrival.  I went for a blonde ale as I am unsure about ales... normally I'm a larger drinker but when in Rome!

I found a seat next to two friendly girls and was then joined by another solo food enthusiast.

The night passed in a blur of conversation and good food samples.

The producers gave talks about their companies and methods of production.  Moss Valley even did a sausage making demonstration!

I enjoyed samples of: bread, sausages, bacon, pork pies, chutneys, tea, cake, pasties, sweet chilli chicken & prawns, poached egg & kale salad, coffee and ice cream!


Not bad for a fiver! There was also a food based quiz and produce to buy at the end... first time I've come back from a night out clutching sausages!

A big thanks goes to Appetite for hosting the event and all the producers

No comments:

Post a Comment