Tuesday 22 November 2011

52 Recipe Challenge - Week 20.

For the last few weeks I have been quite bad and have neglected making new recipes in favour of working on my novel for National Novel Writing Month aka -NaNoWriMo. I've gone from 0 to 27,188 words in 21 days! Not bad for a lapsed fiction writer.... Unfortunately I'm not the fastest writer so something had to give and it's been the new recipes.

Despite not posting I have been thinking about future posts for the blog and have plans for when my novel writing frenzy has cooled off a little more.  Tonight I made the Thai-Style Chicken Burger from Sam Stern's Real Food Real Fast, the original recipe can be found here.

To make this I used:

2 chicken breasts

1 crust of bread

1 teaspoon of lazy chopped garlic

1 onion

1 little red chilli and 3 more dried red chilli's

A sprinkle of coriander

A dash of lime juice

A few drops of soy sauce

2 bread rolls

A few teaspoons of sour cream

A dash of chilli sauce

Potatoes for wedges



 Some Oil

A sprinkle of chill, paprika, salt and pepper


To start I turned the oven on to 200c/ gas mark 6 to preheat, then I put some oil in a pan and then put it in the oven to heat up whilst I washed and chopped up some potatoes.


When all the potatoes were chopped into wedges I put them in the pan in the oven.


Then I chopped my onion up.
After chopping th onion up I put it in the food processor along with a teaspoon of my lazy garlic which is about the same as 2 cloves of garlic and the piece of bread chopped up.

Guess what I did next? I blitzed the lot up!

When this was combined I turned off the food processor and chopped up my chilli.

After which I washed and chopped up my chicken breasts.

Before chucking the chicken, chilli and a sprinkle of coriander into the food processor.


After putting the chicken, chilli and coriander in the food processor I whizzed them together, then stirred in the lime juice and soy sauce.  Once this was done I heated some oil in a frying pan as I moulded the mix into four burgers in my hands and then put them in the pan to cook.


Whilst these were cooking I took the wedges out of the oven, turned them over and seasoned them before putting them back in the oven.


I cooked the burgers and wedges for another ten to fifteen minutes until both were done.  Then I cut open the bread rolls I had and buttered them and put one of the burgers on each of the bread rolls and another next to each of them and took the wedges out of the oven.  My boyfriend dished the wedges up and we enjoyed our burgers with sour cream and chilli sauce.

This recipe was actually a big hit and I think it will end up on the menu again.


1 comment:

  1. Yum. Much better than my pasta, tuna and cheese... :) Kelda

    ReplyDelete